Fall is finally here which means summer is over and we’re one step closer to winter. These couple of months help prepare everyone for the cold just as spring prepares everyone for the summer heat. Like spring cleaning, fall cleaning is just as essential for the health of your home.
- Inspect the gutter system for any damage and make all necessary repairs.
- Clean all of the gutters and downspouts of leaves and debris to prevent blockages and eventual rain overflow.
- Add weatherstripping to all windows and doors that do not perfectly fit their frames. Doing so will prevent the HVAC system from overworking itself.
- Use a damp or microfiber cloth to dust the entire house.
- After the house has been dusted, vacuum all of the floors and curtains throughout the house. Vacuuming after dusting will pick up any dust that settled onto the floor.
- Clean all kitchen appliances, especially the range hood. This appliance will need to be cleaned so that any smoke from cooking can be properly vented outside.
- Inspect your dryer for an excess buildup of lint. If one exists, have the dryer’s vents and filter cleaned of all lint.
- Buy a few months worth of furnace filters so you can change them out each month without having to run to the store.
- Have your furnace inspected, serviced, and repaired before the start of the heating season. Otherwise, you might get stuck with a broken furnace in the middle of winter.
- Inspect your home’s ductwork with a flashlight. If it’s filled with dust and hasn’t been cleaned in almost two years, consider having it professionally cleaned.
September and October are the perfect months to give your home the TLC it needs before winter starts. When you need your home’s air ducts or dryer professionally cleaned, contact the pros at EnviroGreen Boston. To learn more, or to schedule a free estimate, give us a call at (844) 775-7700.