“Duct cleaning has never been shown to actually prevent health problems,” asserts the US Environmental Protection Agency. However, some people are more sensitive to the dust and pet dander that build up in a home’s air handling system. Is it time to clean your air ducts?
Today’s Homeowner with Danny Lipford recommends having your ducts looked at if you fall into any of the following categories:
- You’ve recently renovated. Certain toxins — like asbestos, lead paint and excessive dust — can settle in your air ducts after a remodeling project.
- You have an animal infestation. The animals need to be removed, and the ductwork will require cleaning.
- You see mold growth. Cleaning is necessary if there is visible mold growth inside your air ducts.
- You notice debris leaving the vents. You should not be able to see pet hair and dust blowing out of your vents. Vacuum and clean the registers. If the problem persists, have your air ducts cleaned.
- You suffer from allergies. Is someone in your family suffering from inexplicable allergy symptoms? If you’ve already taken the proper steps to decontaminate your home, consider cleaning your air ducts.
Is it time to clean your air ducts? If so, contact the indoor air quality specialists of EnviroGreen Boston! With over 50 years of combined experience, we offer a wide range of non-toxic cleaning solutions for your home or business.