The kids are back to school, vacations are over, and summer is slowly fading into the fall season. Before the season transitions, take the time to complete a few end of summer chores. This will ensure that your home will be ready for the cooler season that’s surely on its way.
- Lint-Less – Many people wear more articles of clothing per day in the summertime than they do in any other season. Whether it’s because of sweating, food stains, or going to places like the beach, your washer and dryer can sure take a beating. Make sure your dryer’s filter and vents are cleaned of any lint that resides within. Otherwise, you risk having a buildup of lint that could lead to a house fire.
- New Filters – This time of year is when you start servicing your HVAC system to prepare for the cooler season. Start this maintenance by changing your air filters. It only takes a minute or two and significantly increases your indoor air quality.
- Dust-Free – Everyone’s heard of spring cleaning, but fall cleaning should also be a thing. Sometimes we’re too busy in the summer to keep up with household chores. Give your house a good and thorough dusting, but do so before moving to this next step.
- Clean Floors – Vacuuming your floors is important to remove any dirt that was tracked into the house throughout the summer. You also want to make sure that you vacuum after you dust. After you dust, some of it is kicked up into the air and will settle onto the ground.
- Breathe Easy – The house is clean and you’re almost ready for the fall. Soon you’ll have to turn your furnace on, but before you do that you should have your air ducts cleaned. Dust and mold can sit in the ductwork, negatively affecting the indoor air quality.
Summer is coming to a close which means it’s time to go back to the normal life of cleaning and being responsible. When you need a professional to clean your air ducts, contact the experts at EnviroGreen Boston. To learn more, or to schedule a free estimate, give us a call at (844) 775-7700.