When mold exists in your home, your indoor air quality is significantly lowered and your health is at risk. There are multiple species of mold that can cause sickness and inflammation within the body. Knowing the symptoms of this sickness can help you identify if you do have hidden mold in your home.
- Fatigue – Feeling tired and in a constant state of lethargy for no apparent reason can mean that your body has been exposed to mold. As mold affects your immune system, it will weaken and expose you to other illnesses that might not have been a threat before.
- Headaches – Mold sickness can give you a headache even if you’re not normally affected by them. Your sinuses will become inflamed causing constant headaches and migraines, which is you having an allergic reaction.
- Coughing – Not only will mold cause your sinuses to become inflamed, but it will also affect your lungs. This can lead to constant coughing and shortness of breath. Don’t confuse your mold sickness with a common cold, otherwise, serious respiratory issues can develop.
- Joint Pain – Mold is comprised of many different things that can harm you, with mycotoxins being the most toxic of all. Breathing in this toxic fungus can cause stiffness in your joints and constant discomfort, especially in the mornings after waking up.
- Eye Irritation – If you’ve ever had an allergic reaction, then you’ll know that your eyes can become irritated, red, itchy, and filled with tears. You will experience the same side effects when you’re exposed to mold for long enough. The mycotoxins in some species of mold cause severe allergic reactions that should not be ignored.
If you are experiencing some of these side effects, consult a doctor and call a professional to remove the mold from your home. Mold in your air ducts can fill your breathing air with toxic spores that will affect you faster and more efficiently, so call EnviroGreen Boston to have it removed ASAP! To learn more, or to schedule a free estimate, give us a call at (844) 775-7700.